You are here
2020 Holiday Hours:
Happy Holidays! CakeSafe will be closed on the following days for the holidays:
November 26th & 27th
Regular shipping will resume on the following business day. Be sure to leave an order comment if you need your order by a certain day!
We hope you all have a lovely and happy holiday season!
The CakeSafe Crew
Important Shipping Information
- Due to increased online shopping and the general challenges that the USPS is experiencing, USPS shipments are being delayed. Please be aware that USPS packages are regularly exceeding usual estimated delivery times. We recommend choosing UPS when possible. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance with choosing the best shipping carrier.
- CakeSafe has a 48 hour processing time for all orders placed Sunday-Thursday. We are not open on weekends so any orders placed on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will not begin the processing period until Monday. We are also closed on all major holidays that USPS closes for because no mail can be shipped.
- All transit times on our checkout page are an estimate and are not guaranteed delivery dates. Due to the current global pandemic, all shipping carriers are experiencing delays. CakeSafe is not affiliated with any shipping carrier and is not responsible for any delays. Refunds for shipping fees will not be provided for delayed packages. Once your package has been shipped, CakeSafe no longer has control of it.
- All shipping carriers have suspended their service guarantees due to the global pandemic. The only exception to this is USPS Priority Mail Express. This service has guaranteed delivery dates and shipping refunds will be provided by USPS should the guaranteed date not be met.
- Free standard shipping takes between 4 and 7 business days in transit based on the carrier CakeSafe chooses. We reserve the right to select the appropriate shipping service for Free Shipping options based on locality.
- USPS is the only service that offers Saturday deliveries without an additional fee. UPS does not deliver on Saturdays.
Frequently Asked Shipping Questions
How much is shipping?
Shipping varies and depends on the size of the product and distance it has to travel to get from us to you. We have a nifty shipping calculator that collects all the different shipping options you have and lets you select which one works the best for you. We currently offer: USPS Priority, USPS Priority Express, UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, and UPS Next Day Air.
Is free shipping ever offered?
We are currently offering free standard shipping within the USA on all orders $49 or more. This includes Hawaii and Alaska, as well as Puerto Rico. Free standard shipping takes 4-7 business days in transit, not including processing time.
How long will it take to receive my order?
All orders ship within 48 hours of being placed Sunday-Thursday. Our facility is closed on Saturday and Sunday so we do not ship on those days. You will have the option of selecting whichever shipping service best suits your needs. All transit times on our website are an estimate, meaning that the length of time shown is not guaranteed. The estimated transit time will appear next to the shipping cost on our website for each shipping carrier. You can shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shipping address and the product(s) you would like to order if you would like an estimated delivery date.
Free standard shipping takes 4-7 business days in transit, not including processing times. When choosing this method, please be aware that your order will be shipping via a ground shipping method and can take over a week in transit. If you choose free shipping and leave a note saying you need your order by a certain day, please understand that we will do our best to accommodate that request. However, if the package will not arrive by your requested date with free standard shipping, we will need to charge for an expedited service.
Can CakeSafe ship internationally?
Absolutely! We ship our products all over the world; please see our International page for more information.
Can CakeSafe ship to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, or APO/FPO addresses?
Yes, we can! You must select USPS as your carrier in order to have your package delivered to a PO Box. UPS will not deliver directly to a PO Box and may call you for a different address, deliver to a concrete street address they have on file, or hold your shipment for pick up. If you select UPS and put a PO Box as your delivery address, we will switch carriers to USPS. Additional costs may be required if we need to switch your carrier.
Free standard shipping typically uses UPS Ground as the shipping service. If your order qualifies for free shipping, we recommend entering a physical address instead of a PO box as UPS won't deliver to the PO box. This will prevent any delivery issues or held mail.
What if I need my items in a hurry?
We totally get that you might need a CakeSafe ASAP for your next delivery, so we offer expedited shipping - select UPS Next Day Air, UPS 2nd Day Air, or USPS Priority Express when placing your order. Free standard shipping is not a suitable option for those who are in need of their package sooner rather than later. It would also be best if you sent us an email at email@example.com alerting us to your situation so that we can do our best to accommodate you.
How do I track my order?
You will receive a confirmation email upon placing your order, and another email from us with the tracking information once your order has shipped.
I wasn't home to sign for my package. What do I do?
CakeSafe offers signature confirmation for all packages. It is an optional service that you can select when you're checking out. Someone must be home to sign for the package or the delivery driver will not be able to leave the package. If you miss a delivery, the driver will leave a notice with further instructions on how to reschedule a delivery. You can also call the carrier, USPS or UPS, and give them the tracking number. They will be able to assist with scheduling a redelivery. Once the package has shipped with the signature confirmation option enabled, there is no way to remove it. Please be aware of this when selecting yes for the signature option.
My package wasn't delivered on its expected date. What do I do?
Once a package has left our facility, CakeSafe is no longer in control of it. Due to the current global pandemic, all shipping carriers are experiencing delays. If your package has been delayed, you need to contact the shipping carrier directly with the tracking number CakeSafe has provided. The shipping carriers only speak with the receiver of the package, not the sender. CakeSafe can only see the same tracking information as the customer so calling the carriers directly will be the quickest way to find your package.